Patient Care Bags
Step Sisters recently delivered 400 Patient Care Bags to our partner hospitals for breast cancer patients in Northern Virginia. We will need to replenish our supplies for the next round and are grateful for your support. Please consider donating to this campaign to help us reach our goal of providing another 400 bags.
A $25 donation covers the cost of ONE Patient Care Bag.
Our Patient Care Bags include:
- Peppermints – peppermint has healing properties which may help with some of the side effects of chemotherapy including nausea, dry mouth, sore throat and a metallic taste.
- Tissues – many patients experience a runny nose while undergoing chemo treatment.
- Hot/Cold Pack – these packs can be heated in the microwave (follow directions on tag) or frozen for cold comfort.
- Journal/Pen – make your shopping list, write down your thoughts…whatever you need.
- Hand Sanitizer – treatment facilities can be full of germs and patients’ immunity levels are low.
- Lip Balm – sores and cracked lips are common side effects and a nice natural moisturizing lip balm helps.
- And other comfort and chemo necessities
If you would prefer, you can also purchase items from our Amazon Wishlist.